Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Recap

The first pattern of the "Lili & Leo" booklet, vol.1, is the Lili Kimono. I made this for Egg a while ago, but I knit up a second for a friend's baby in Germany. The blue one is made from Diakeito Diamusee and for the other I used Schoppelwolle Zauberball "Kleiner Fuchs".




You need about 530 yds (486 m) of fingering weight yarn to make the medium size, for the small size one ball of Zauberball is enough and there's a third larger size for which you need about 690 yds (633 m).

The sizes are categorized as follows: 6-12 months (12-24 months, 2 yrs up), with a chest circumference of 21 (24, 26.5)".

A big advantage of this design is the fact that the lace is very stretchy, also the fronts overlap quite a bit, which means it'll fit for a long while. Egg is still wearing the middle size and she's on the tall side with 87 cm (34 1/4") at 19 months.

Oh, and before I forget to mention it: There will be a vest version of this design, a bit longer but otherwise just as girlie and pretty!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mona, This is not about your baby patterns but I don't know how to reach you any other way. I've been trying to make the men's cable pullover (bought from patternfish) and have become confused by the directions. If you would contact me at jfitz47@gmail.com, I'll explain in detail. Thanks. Hoping to hear from you...
    Sincerely,
    Judy Fitzpatrick

    ReplyDelete